Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I Guess You Could Call It a Fixation!

There are no pictures to accompany this post for fear of completely embarrassing my now 3 year old son when he is much older. Instead I will only partially embarrass him ;)

Jack has a new fixation that developed after the twins were born. Binkies? No. Diapers? No. Baby toys? No. Pumping breast milk. YES!!

This may be TMI, but I am not breastfeeding the twins, per se. I pump milk so that we can feed them at the same time and can keep them on a better schedule. Its annoying, painful, and quite frankly frustrating but is well worth it. It seems like I am pumping ALL THE TIME, so it goes without saying that Jack witnesses me looking like a cow attached to a milking machine several times a day. To say that he has become obsessed with pumping would be putting it mildly.

--It all started the first week we were home with the twins and I saw Jack lift up his shirt in an attempt to attach the breast pump to his nipples. I asked him what he was doing and he simply responded, "I'm gonna pump."

--At breakfast the other day, he told me he has small boobies so he can only get a little bit of milk. Later in the day he told Daddy that when he grows up he is going to have big boobies.

--Yesterday Jack was playing with his doctor set and he came into the kitchen to give me an exam. He put the blood pressure cuff on my arm, pumped it up, and then proceeded to ask me if I got any milk!!

--Jack heard the car seat rocking and asked Daddy if it was a pump.

I think he is fixated...