Saturday, February 6, 2010

He's A Funny Kid

Jack is becoming such a big kid and he's a got a personality to match. Everyday we continue to be pleasantly surprised at how much our little man is growing into such a sweet and intelligent child who plays hard and loves even harder. Some days are definitely not without their challenges. To be honest his occasional fits would make Super Nanny cringe. I remember watching that show before I had kids and thinking, "If my kid ever threw a fit like that..." or "If my kid spit at me..." and I sat in judgment of those parents. Now, however, I realize that as much as we discipline him and constantly work to make Jack the best person he can be, he is still going to throw the random fit and he will kick and scream (and yes, even spit!). Yet, for all those "bad" moments where Daddy and Mommy question where they went wrong and why our sweet little boy is behaving like a monster there are a million more amazing moments with Jack that make us feel so blessed. He loves his family so much that sometimes I think his heart could bust. Not a day goes by that he doesn't tell us he loves us a dozen times. He hugs with full force and recently requests to give us kisses on the our cheeks. He is incredibly smart (sometimes it actually scares us) and has a memory that is often shocking. He can hear or see something once and remember it, especially if we are driving somewhere in the car (he has a much better sense of direction than his Mommy!). He constantly strives to learn more and questions EVERYTHING! We love him so much and hope that the 2 new additions are just like him.

A few funny antidotes:

--Jack likes Daddy to drive him to school because Daddy gives in to Jack's request to turn the music up "bery loud". Jack also requests to listen to the "angry music". What is "angry music" you ask? Apparently Jack really enjoys heavy metal and literally head bangs and rocks out in his car seat. Mommy and Daddy don't listen to this music but Jack heard it one day when Daddy was scrolling through the radio stations and Jack became hooked! Uncle Dave should be so proud :)

--Last Saturday morning Jack came into our room at his usual 7am wake up time. Daddy and I were bleary-eyed from a night spent with the babies and were slowly waking up. I told Jack to go into his room to take his pull-up off, go potty, and put on underwear (he still wears a pull-up to bed). A few minutes later Jack called me into his room and I thought he needed help in the bathroom. I walked into the bathroom and the following conversation took place:
Mommy: Jack, why is there water all over the floor?
Jack: That's not water Mommy.
Mommy: What is it then?
Jack: I pee-peed in a dixie cup and poured it on the floor!!